Reports to: Calibration Supervisor
Classification: Salary, Performance incentives and Medical Benefits
- Perform tests and calibrations ensuring that all calibration techniques used conform to established standard.
- Provide support and assistance to the calibration supervisor by leading and working well with other calibration technicians in a team environment.
- Identify and utilize appropriate test and measurement techniques.
- Maintain calibration laboratory standards and perform verification tests on all calibration test equipment.
Candidate must exhibit a strong customer service skills as you will be a vital link between customers and QRS. Mathematical aptitude, a basic understanding of physical principles of force, pressure, and torque. The candidate must also have experience working with test and measurement equipment, such as digital or analog multimeters, power supplies, function generators, and oscilloscopes, and have an understanding how voltage, current and resistance works. Familiarity in working with hand tools is also a requirement.
In addition, the candidate must also display exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and strong attention to detail. The candidate must have a strong sense of safety and quality requirements for a calibration laboratory, and must be competent in utilizing a PC computer with Microsoft Office 365 applications. A self-motivated individual is a must.
- AA/AS Degree in electronics, biomedical technology, or equivalent preferred.
- Biomedical Industry Technical Certification preferred.
- Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI), Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician (CBET)
- All attained certifications must be maintained and current.
- Knowledge of ISO 17025 and 9001 is desired
- An eagerness to learn effective service and calibration techniques on all products serviced by QRS Solutions
- Independent worker with excellent project management skills, goal orientated and flexible team player
- Technician must have a valid California driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Must be available to travel 100-120 days per year as scheduled
- Required to provide support assisting with sales
Ideal candidate will be someone who eagerly wants to grow into a Supervisory position in the future.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level will vary from location to location as majority of work is performed on medical/clinical sites.
Requires regular, predictable attendance and punctuality. Requires standing, stooping, bending and reaching and the ability to routinely lift objects up to 50lbs and occasionally lift objects up to 70 pounds with assistance. Requires hand-eye coordination and dexterity sufficient to operate machinery and computer equipment. Requires normal range of vision and hearing. Must be mentally adaptable, flexibility in dealing with multiple levels authority and personalities diverse cultures. Must be able to analyze cause of interpersonal conflict and resolve complex issues in a positive and professional manner. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes for this position. May be required to work outside or normal business hours.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply today! Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call for more details.
QRS-Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
QRS-Solutions is an E-verify participant, Drug Screen and Pre-qualification evaluation are required of all final applicants