QRS Calibrations, doing business as QRS Solutions is a rapidly growing business in the Mobile Metrology Services of Medical and Electronic Equipment as well as Sales of Biomedical Test Instrumentation. We are looking for a Service Manager to oversee our mobile metrology laboratories as we expand our company.
Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Provide oversite, guidance, reviews and technical service training such as calibrations for mechanical, electronic, electromechanical, and pressure type instruments to standards for an ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 9001 metrology laboratory.
- Develop and maintain the quality and service requirements for ISO 9001, ISO 17025 and any additional accreditations deemed necessary for services performed by QRS Calibrations.
- Create and maintain quality objectives as you build a plan for the continued growth of the service department.
- Work with manufacturers to provide warranty services and calibrations as required in accordance with their manufacturer procedures.
- Manage, schedule, and evaluate on-site calibration technicians to ensure timely and accurate work output with a “Quality is First” attitude.
- Validate procedures on various assemblies and instrumentation using test, measurement and diagnostic equipment to determine compliance to operational specifications.
- Understand, create, report, and maintain test records, including uncertainties in accordance with ISO 17025.
- Repair and calibrate instruments, devices, or systems to meet operational specifications.
- Understand functional SQL database characteristics to manage the system for test results in a tracking database along with written certification documentation.
- Ability to read schematics, diagrams and technical data sheets to determine specifications/tolerances, methods, and sequences of assembly as necessary to perform repair and calibration.
- Schedule and oversee the maintenance of standards compliance relating to QRS Calibrations with regulatory notified bodies as needed.
- Manage inventory and perform necessary calibration of QRS’s instrumentation to ensure adherence to standards.
- Candidate must exhibit strong, hands-on customer service skills as the link between technicians, hospital and customer staff, and the company. A mathematical aptitude with an understanding of physical principles of force, pressure, and torque are required. The candidate must have experience working with test and measurement equipment (digital or analog multimeters, power supplies, function generators and oscilloscopes). Experience as a biomedical technician or engineer with a working knowledge of biomedical test equipment along with supervisory experience is required.
- The successful candidate will know how to manage a team, motivate staff, display exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and have strong attention to detail. An understanding of basic accounting and budgeting principals is necessary for this position.
- The candidate must have a strong sense of safety and an aptitude for high quality and be computer literate in the use of Microsoft Office, Adobe, and other computer applications.
- 2-year degree in electronics or biomedical engineering with experience in metrology is required and a 4-year degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- CBET strongly desired or be working toward certification with an expectation for completion
- Understanding and experience with ISO 17025 and ISO 9001 is required
- Strong project and team management skills, goal orientated and a solid team leader
- Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record throughout their employment with QRS Calibrations
- Must be available to travel 25-50 percent of the time as required
- Previous supervisory responsibility is required
- This position is based in Fort Worth, Texas
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to the outside environment which may have fumes or airborne particles in additional to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level will vary from location to location as majority of work is performed on medical/clinical sites.
Physical and Soft Skill Demands:
Time management skills are crucial to maintain rigorous schedule(s). Requires standing, stooping, bending and reaching, and the ability to routinely lift objects up to 60 pounds and occasionally lift objects up to 75 pounds with assistance. Requires coordination and dexterity to operate machinery and computer equipment with normal range of vision and hearing.
Must be mentally mature to deal with a variety of people and situations. Must be able to analyze cause of interpersonal conflict to resolve complex issues in a positive and professional manner. Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes for this position. May be required to work outside of normal business hours.
- The successful candidate for this position must live within reasonable commuting distance or be willing to relocate.
- QRS Calibrations and QRS Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- QRS Calibrations and QRS Solutions is an E-verify participant
- Drug Screens are required of all final applicants
- References to be supplied upon request
- Must be a US Citizen with a Valid US Driver License and Clean Driving Record
- Background checks are required