Field Metrologist for Precision Calibrations w/ Clinical Engineering and Metrology Experience
Location / Open Territories: Fort Worth Texas (MUST Be Willing to Relocate)
Field Metrologist for Precision Calibrations w/ Clinical Engineering and Metrology Experience for the Health Care Industry
Position Objective –Field Metrologist for Precision Calibrations
Based out Fort Worth, Texas Office with the ability to Travel Nationwide
The Metrologist, is a learned professional. QRS preference is to be experienced in performing Biomed/Clinical Engineering responsibilities in the hospital or 3rd party environment. A biomed, metrology and electronics background enables more efficient training for Metrologist of biomed/clinical engineering test equipment such as electrosurgical analyzers, defibrillator analyzers, patient simulators, flow analyzers, multimeters. The equipment calibrated is the equipment used in the Clinical Engineering/Biomed dept. to perform preventative maintenance on devices used for patient care. They are responsible for managing the mobile laboratory and interfacing with customers to fulfill their needs for calibration of their equipment. They can work in the Fort Worth, Tx office, as well as in the mobile Metrologist laboratory (Metrologist van) and can manage the entire calibration/customer process. They can troubleshoot and perform minor equipment repairs. The ideal candidate has experience with biomedical test equipment and metrology.
This position is 50 % Travel away from the Office. We travel across the US – Including Alaska and Hawaii. Great Opportunity to see all the places you never thought you would get the opportunity to see in the US and meet all sorts of wonderful people. When not traveling, calibrating equipment shipped into office.
Please only apply if you can travel away from Home 2 Weeks a Month and have a Clean Driving Record
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Manages the Metrologist Van as a mobile laboratory.
- Maintains accurate logs of the Metrologist van and ensures these are up to date.
- Maintains clean van inside and out.
- Notifies the Manager of upcoming Services required for the van
- Prepares all necessary documentation and equipment for travel to customer location.
- Inspects all equipment before travel to ensure a smooth customer experience.
- Performs equipment Metrologist and makes necessary adjustments of customer equipment.
- Creates applicable certificates that are verified for accuracy for the customer.
- Creates reports and sends them to customers daily and after the job to ensure the customer knows the equipment that has been calibrated and remains to be calibrated.
- Communicates any equipment discrepancies to the customer using Fault Report and email.
- Communicates with customers as necessary to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Completes expense reports and manages expenses within company guidelines.
- Performs necessary software or firmware updates/upgrades to keep the Metrologist equipment up to date.
- Provides customer support as necessary, including handling complaints.
- Performs equipment repairs that can be done quickly without interrupting the Metrologist’s schedules.
- Troubleshoot equipment to determine fault. Involves the use of discretion and independent judgment.
- Identify and perform minor equipment repairs.
- Learn and undergo training to be able to perform major repairs.
- Clean Driving Record
- Able to Travel 50% of the Time; usually, two weeks on the road and two weeks in the shop calibrating when not on the road.
- Clear Communication Skills
- Must be Able to Work Independently
- Position Available out of: Fort Worth, TX Office
- Metrology and Calibration Certificates of Training
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
$52,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year, depending on experience
- 401(k) matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance