Connected with Leading Applications and Platforms
HEMS supports numerous interfaces. If your hospital has technology that you want to have your CMMS connect to, we provide several solutions to help you achieve this, allowing you to streamline your processes.
Integrate HEMS with 3rd party technologies, such as ServiceNow, oneSOURCE Document Management Service, or an electrical safety analyzer, such as the vPad Platform or ES601 Plus from Datrend.
HEMS next-generation mobile app
The HEMS next-generation mobile app has automated numerous backend application processes to make the user interface very easy to use and intuitive.
While there is a lot of information accessible on each screen, it is still concise – summarized with several areas and symbols clickable to drill down and uncover more data and information.
This means that HEMS users performing maintenance or repairs have everything they need in their mobile devices, regardless of which part of the hospital or which location within their hospital system they are in. The app can even be used in offline mode and it will sync up to the live database later once online again.
Each individual user can see at any time where they stand with work orders assigned, accepted, and completed through an interactive dashboard with a configurable view.
Automatic call escalation ensures that urgent requests are addressed as soon as possible per the hospital corporate policy. Once work orders are assigned/accepted, color-coding helps the user to instantly know which work orders are of the highest priority. Requesters get notifications of updates including completion.
Mobile device features of speech to text, barcode scanning, and photo-taking can be used to verbally add descriptions of work performed, access work orders for specific pieces of equipment, and to take photos of equipment to add to work orders. Parts can be ordered too…you get the idea – the HEMS mobile app has everything users need to make completing work easier, right at the point of service.
The app is available for iOS (Apple), Android, and Windows phones and tablets.
EQ2 Best Practice
Enterprise wide standardized corporate policies and procedures are easier met when they are published and always available in a centralized location. HEMS Best Practice does just this.
With EQ2 Best Practice, compliance is assured. Using industry standard questions and values, each equipment type or model is provided with a risk value.
For Biomed/Clinical Engineering this includes:
- Universal Medical Device Nomenclature System (UMDNS)
- AHA’s Estimated Useful Life n PM Procedure
- Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN) n Unique Device Identification (UDI)
- Medical Equipment Management Program (MEMP)
For Facilities it is the standard:
- ASHE type list
- AHA’s Estimated Useful Life
- PM Procedure
- EOC rounds procedure
HEMS Dashboards, Reporting, Compliance Management, and AEM
HEMS helps hospitals stay in compliance through advanced tracking and reporting features that address requirements of the Joint Commission and other regulatory bodies
HEMS dashboards enable users to get the information they need, in the order they need it, and in the right format based on their role. The new Department Dashboard is for specific hospital areas such as surgery, nursing, ICU, etc. to get a summary of real-time statuses for the key performance items most important to them.
This includes information for devices, availability, maintenance, capital planning, and budgeting…..to name a few. Summary items are clickable to drill down and get to specific details, resulting in true actionable information.
- AEM: Fully Automated Alternative Equipment Maintenance Dashboard
- EOC: Environment of Care requirements tracking and reporting
- ECRI: Alerts and Recalls Module
- Reports: Hundreds of reports are available “off the shelf” and a custom report tool is available
- Dashboards: formats are unique for each of Leadership, Clinical Staff, and Technicians with relevant, actionable information
- Elements of Performance: track status in real-time
Asset Management for a Smoothly Run Hospital
Hospital equipment assets, while purchased for millions, cost many times their purchase price to maintain. With HEMS the data needed to make smart, cost-effective service, procurement, and retirement decisions is available.
The ability to see the whole picture of a single asset’s cost and compare it with similar devices, allows hospitals to make good business and operational decisions since they can see more than what’s directly in front of them – they can see the whole picture. HEMS has several ways to accomplish this such as advanced reporting and dashboards designed specifically for each of the C-Suite, directors and managers. Examples are dashboards that capture Capital Equipment Replacement Analysis, Cost of Service Ratio, failure rate, downtime, etc.
- Standardization: enterprise wide standardized corporate policies and procedures are always accessible
- Call Escalation: work orders for preventative and corrective maintenance are automatically prioritized based on urgency
- Dashboards: Capital Equipment Forecasting and Replacement Analysis and Cost of Service Ratio
- Stock Management: consistent stock levels are maintained through a comprehensive module
- Contract Management: analysis for ROI of device contracts
Support and Additional Services
A robust technology product can be challenging to use in an effective way unless you have intuitive interfaces and strong customer support. Additional services can truly make the difference between a good hospital maintenance management program vs. an excellent one.
EQ2 is committed to customer satisfaction and support is just an email or phone call away. We also offer services to ensure a strong implementation.
- Support: web-based, phone, and onsite training and support
- Implementation Services: inspection programs, physical surveys, and conversion of existing inventory and PM procedures/schedules
- Device and Equipment Labeling: asset tags with control numbers and PM inspection tags can be printed on demand